Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Clicker to Win!



What a crazy week! Another multi-visit back-and-forth in Chicago, gambling, Favre-mania, and well, the cutest baby ever! (I might be a little bias...)




First off, this past Saturday we went to Arlington Heights Racing Park for our friend Lindsey's birthday. Jenny, Levi, and I were all horse racing virgins, and I was a little pessimistic, but what a blast! Now, I know that betting on the races added a ton to the fun, but still being able to watch 11 horse races for $12 was a steal for a great afternoon. Additionally, Levi turned out to be a lucky charm. The most exciting race was the fifth race, in which I really liked horse 8, Clicker. He was expected to take 3rd I believe, but I just had a feeling. So I went to place my "huge" $2 bet and accidentally bet for Clicker to win, twice... let's just say Jenny wasn't too happy, dang my honesty and Jenny's squeamish tendencies towards gambling. Well, over the next 90 seconds that race was the most exciting thing I've experienced in a LOOONG time... behind Levi's birth, of course. Well, Clicker pulled off a full body length lead in the final 100 yards and left everyone in the dust. I've never been so excited about winning $15, pre-tax, in my entire life! And what happened next was the best part; once Jenny calmed down from the excitement and told me I wasn't as dumb as she thought, she asked for the winning tickets to hand in herself, ha!








When it was all said and done we had quadrupled our original betting total... the sad part is we weren't very risky, we only started with $6, but I'll take it!






And if that wasn't exciting enough we also spent some wonderful time with Carli and Steve and got to watch the Packer and Viking games at a close by sports bar. It is like a glorified BW3's and was very Levi friendly. Actually, it's one of my new favorite places to watch the game! And between Favre's last minute heroics and our waiter having Driver on his fantasy team, it was a hilarious and exciting afternoon.







So, after a long, fun weekend of sports and amazing Brogli food (thanks guys), we're ready for a slow week of movie watching and Levi feeding.


And now it's time to say goodbye...

But don't be sad!


There's another post just around the corner :)

1 comment:

Annie P. said...

wow he really goes everywhere! i feel like levi has seen more of chicago than i have haha. and excellent reading choice there!