Monday, September 7, 2009

A typical week with the Jones Pod



Welcome back to the weekly update of the Jones Pod. This week was full of crazy activities and events. Interesting how these things seem to happen to us all the time, but that's what makes life interesting, right?






The start of the week was pretty normal. Me working, Jenny taking care of Levi, and trying on lots of new outfits...







Levi had his one month check up last week as well. It went very well, and the doctor even mentioned that Levi was very active, alert and behaved older than his age. I think this video sums it up:






Additionally, Jenny and I built Levi's crib (finally), which was an interesting task, while Levi slept. Honestly, it went very smoothly, especially considering how Jenny and I are both type-A personalities.






That was the simple part of the week. As we got into Friday things started getting crazy. Not only did Jenny and I rack up a quarter of thousand dollar in IL street violations (not speeding), but we also managed to get ourselves parked in by our local dish network guy. When we first pulled out to the end of the driveway to find the van parked in our way, I figured the nice thing to do would be to call the company. Long story short, I will NEVER be a customer of Dish Network! By the time the cop showed up to ticket the van and get it towed I was pretty iritated, as was the cop for this waste of time violation... and I quote (from his conversation on the phone with Dish Network), "I'm not sticking around here long, no need to call me back, I'm going to ticket this van and go back to serving the public." There may have been some profanity in there too... in the end the driver showed up soon after and it was this young kid, probably in his early 20s. I felt so bad, he was so apologetic and this was probably his first day, and so on and so on. I think he got off with a warning and Jenny and I, missed church, but made it to Indiana to spend time with Jenny's relatives none the less.




Another great story from this week was our rocking chair that finally came. We purchased this thing back in July, about a week before Levi was born. We paid upfront and said we'd come pick it up with a truck next week (we bought it then knowing they only had one in stock). So, when I called later that week to say we were on our way they said they had no chairs in stock and no record of our delayed pick up. Let's just say, Jenny described the conversation as the meanest she's ever seen/heard me. We got free delivery out of the deal (7-14 days), but that wasn't the end of it. Two weeks later when I called to see where the chair was, I again was told there was no record.... after another heated conversation, I managed to find out that the lady who helped me two weeks ago was on a "long-term vacation" and must have blown me off... Sadly to say I didn't feel the need to take it out on this new lady, but I got her name and an order number out of the conversation. So, two more weeks go by and I still haven't heard anything. So, I call and they have the order but it won't be in until the following week... fine, I'll wait, we're moving this week any ways. That week the moving company calls me and says they will "be in my area on Wednesday," this was two weeks ago. I tell them that no one will be home, Jenny and Levi are in Michigan, so, again the delivery is delayed. So, this past week the shipping company calls me and sets up a delivery for this past Friday. All is going well and we're going to get the chair, right... Thursday comes and the store calls me and harshly demands that I come pick up my chair that has been sitting at the store for two weeks... I calmy gain my composure and EXPLAIN that they will be delivering the chair tomorrow. She checked her sheet again and sees that I'm right and apologizes. So, Friday comes and Jenny is waiting for the chair. The delivery company calls me and says no one is home... I tell them Jenny is upstairs I'll have her come down... Jenny sees no one... I think... THEY ARE AT THE OLD ADDRESS!!!! After a few quick calls I direct the truck to our current address and the chair is delivered! YAY...Long story short, NEVER EVER EVER order anything so much as a burp cloth from Babies R' Us!



So, that has been our week in a nut shell. I'm coming up on my work deadline for federal and state filings, so I'm working almost every day. Yesterday was and will be my only day off in a four week span, good times. But I'm taking time off after the 15th and I'll be able to relax. Until next week, have a wonderful rest of the week and enjoy the pics! ~Casey

No comments: