Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend... of craziness!

"Levi, are you ready for a weekend of adventures?... ya, that's how I feel, too."

This week was pretty low key for us, but good thing because this weekend was absolutely jam packed with activities and visits! We left Chicago Friday afternoon, spent 3.5 lovely hours in the car, and arrived in Madison to spend the evening with our friend Roxi. Unfortunately, I didn't pull out the camera to get any great shots, but we had a wonderfully relaxing time. Thanks Roxi!

Friday night we stayed at my parents and got to spend a little time with Mykalanne and my mom, but we were out the door before noon to make lunch, in New Berlin, with one of my undergrad professors and then off to Milwaukee to spend the afternoon with the great grandparents!

Levi was very serious about his snacks and enjoyed well over a full serving of them!

Levi and Bompa practicing on the piano

Man was Sunday hot! Luckily we only had to be one place on Sunday (other than church), a wedding only 10 minutes from Jenny's parents house, where we were staying. Yay for limited travel on Sunday! Despite the heat, the wedding was very nice and we got to meet up with some old friends. I was on Levi duty for the wedding and I must say he was very well behaved!


A guest priest (that we knew from Whitewater) was helping move some chairs and knocked over this chair with our friend Mark's food on it... he cursed and just put the chair back. Not sure if he'll be confessing the profanity to another priest or just let it slide. Either way it was hilarious (maybe you just had to be there).

Here's our sweaty beautiful family in the reception tent... the fans weren't close enough!

Levi had a new girl friend about every 15 minutes. Here two young girls were waiting their turn to dance with Levi. I knew it was a bad idea to let him take off his shirt... check out that snack pack!

Oh Levi, drivin' the older girls crazy!

Awww, here's Levi back with his Mama... and girlfriend Laura.

Levi and Jenny dancing to some good Wisconsin Polka

Cupid Shuffle with Daddy!

We've made it to MEMORIAL DAY!!!
A little relaxing in the morning with Jenny's parents and Drew then off to Chris and Sarah's for some R&R and Spaghetti! Thanks guys, it was delicious!
(I call this a Cyrus face)

Levi was totally worn out from this weekend. He had some good snuggles with Sarah and then we made our way home after a nap and dinner.

Sorry again for the Wednesday posting, but it took me well over a day to recover from this weekend and we're between internet providers, so I'm posting over lunch. I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day weekend and thank you to all those that have or are serving in our military, God bless you!


"Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord you God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior." ~Isaiah 43:1b-3a

No comments: