Sunday, April 28, 2013

GOD's Skyline!



 Say hello to one of GOD's many skylines! Taking a week off from city life, Jenny, the boys, and I were able to head out to the smoky mountains in NC and enjoy some time with our amazing friends the Roundys - home on furlough! By the way the above photo is off their back porch... I know, right?!

Finally a little Cities and Knights competition! 
Don't worry we'll get to the boys...

Through the first two nights theJonesPod was 0-2 against team Roundy...

And my Jenny has a lot of catching up to do in the knitting department...
This is one of Jenny R's newest creations!

So, we got to spend the week hanging out in the mountains and relaxing, so a lot of pictures were not taken but we did get "caught up" on our hike to Clingmans Dome and a nearby bald (grassy plains on a mountain). If you can zoom in check out Tigue's face... classic!

 Had to get a close-up of Levi's peacock hairdo!

The dudes heading up to the dome...

We made the half mile 45 degree hike! Mama and Levi take a break and take in the scenery.

The view was incredible, I have to imagine our visibility was across a few states and multiple hundred miles in each direction. 

Super Cool!

Tigue was a little cold but had to get the shot!

Taking a lunch break before our next hike...
(yes we rented a minivan and it was amazing!)

Tigue was out in the first half mile of the hike to the bald...

Levi was a trooper and took in all the sights

Still sleeping...

Levi hiked about half of the 2 mile hike out to the bald on foot

Cutest hiker on the mountain that day!

Made it to the bald and guess who woke up just in time!

There's that pretty family again (and me)!

This is how you take in a bald...

Tigue being silly

Levi and Jonathan taking in the bald...

"I'm pretty sure I can outrun you if a bear shows up..."

Chillaxing

Super Yum!

Heading back Levi walked almost the entire way!

Don't get mud on your boots!

Adventureman Levi

This pretty much captures most of the terrain we walked...

"Tigue hiking too!"

Made it!

Ok, so... four full days with the Roundys and though their kids were in school every day (other than the wee one), I am sad to admit this may be the only picture we took of them. It was a wonderful trip, a relatively relaxing time and a blessing to get this time with the Roundys. Thank you guys for having us!

In addition to our wonderful trip to NC, we also made a 36 hour pit stop in Indianapolis to enjoy some time with Jenny's dad's side of the family (Mimi, Aunt Jane, Aunt Barb, and Uncle Steve). We had a great time enjoying their company and even got to spend some time at the Indy Children's Museum. There will be pictures to follow, but for now take my word that it was incredible. Also, I was ecstatic to find out Levi was a baseball hitting natural! He got a bat and ball from Aunt Barb and Uncle Steve and he took to it like a fish to water! I uploaded a video to Facebook, but for some reason can't get the video to upload here :( I will try again later this week. Have a great week everyone; enjoy the remainder of April and may your month of May be sunny and bright!

"fear not, for I am with you;  be not dismayed, for I am your GOD; I will strengthen you, I will help you,  I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an amazing vacation. The scenery is spectacular and it looks like everyone enjoyed it. Tigue didn't look real pleased at times, but he was probably tired, cause after his nap he was much happier. So cute!! I'm glad you could get away to such a beautiful spot. I got to see Levi"Babe" Jones hit that ball. WOW! He is good.
You guys have a great week.
Love to all,
Goggy

Anonymous said...

Miss you so much!!! Love you guys. Great pics!
<3

Mom Wendy/G-Woo